Elizabeth Franklin-Best is the owner of Elizabeth Franklin-Best, P.C., a boutique law firm committed to the highest level of professionalism and aggressive advocacy in the areas of criminal appeals and federal criminal defense.
Elizabeth is the current Chairperson for the Board of Directors for Justice 360, Vice-Chair of the Amicus Committee for the Fourth Circuit for the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL) and is on the Board of Directors for the South Carolina Chapter of the Federal Bar Association. Elizabeth is also Of Counsel for the Charleston law firm of Adams & Bischoff.
Elizabeth is licensed in the following jurisdictions:
- South Carolina State Court
- New York State Court
- South Carolina District Court
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
Elizabeth accepts clients charged with federal crimes, or those convicted in either state or federal court. She also represents clients in their federal habeas proceedings, and in federal post-conviction.