The system isn’t perfect, and sometimes errors are made. The appeals process could be the key to getting the justice you deserve.
We have a track record of success in overturning unjust convictions and sentences. And with our help, you can get a second chance to tell your side of the story and fight for your rights.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you. Let our team fight for your justice and freedom.
RICO and Conspiracy Overview
Federal prosecutors frequently use Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) and Conspiracy charges to prosecute organized crime and complex criminal schemes.
RICO is a federal law that provides for civil and criminal penalties for racketeering activity committed as part of an ongoing criminal enterprise, while conspiracy charges involve an agreement between two or more people to commit a crime.
If either you or a loved one has been convicted of a crime, you know that a conviction under these laws can result in significant prison time and fines. You’ll need an experienced federal appellate lawyer to help you challenge your conviction or sentence.
At Elizabeth Franklin-Best, we can help you identify potential avenues for overturning your conviction or reducing your sentence and file a robust appeal on your behalf.
Grounds for Appealing RICO and Conspiracy Convictions and Sentences
There are several grounds on which a federal appellate lawyer can challenge RICO and Conspiracy convictions and sentences; these include:
- Insufficient evidence — One of the most common grounds for appeal is that the prosecution failed to provide sufficient evidence to support the conviction. A skilled appellate lawyer can review the trial record and identify weaknesses in the prosecution’s case.
- Legal errors — Another potential ground for appeal is the claim that the trial judge made errors in applying the law. For example, the judge may have admitted evidence that should have been excluded or given jury instructions that were inaccurate or prejudicial.
- Unfair sentencing — A federal appellate lawyer can also challenge the sentence imposed by the trial judge if it is unreasonable or excessive. They can argue that the facts of the case did not justify the sentence or that the judge failed to consider mitigating factors.
- Prosecutorial misconduct — Your attorney may also be able to identify issues related to prosecutorial misconduct or ineffective assistance of counsel.
- Ineffective assistance of counsel — If you believe your defense attorney provided ineffective assistance, you may be able to appeal. This may include failure to investigate, failure to call witnesses, or failure to prepare a defense.
These complex legal issues require a thorough understanding of the law and the facts of the case. Our skilled appellate lawyers can review the trial record and identify any instances of misconduct or ineffective representation.
How Our Federal Appeals Attorneys Help You
Our experienced federal appeals attorneys at Elizabeth Franklin-Best are dedicated to providing exceptional legal representation to clients convicted of RICO and Conspiracy charges. We understand the complexities of federal criminal law and deeply understand the relevant law codes.
Our attorneys will review your case in detail to identify potential grounds for appeal. We will work closely with you to develop a comprehensive legal strategy tailored to your unique circumstances and goals.
Throughout the appeals process, we will represent you vigorously, using our knowledge and experience to present persuasive legal arguments to the appellate court. We will keep you informed at every step of the process, providing clear and concise explanations of the legal issues and potential outcomes.
Whether we are working to overturn your conviction or reduce your sentence, we will fight tirelessly to protect your rights and interests. With our knowledge, experience, and dedication, we will work tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
Why Choose Elizabeth Franklin-Best for Your RICO and Conspiracy Appeal
Choosing the right law firm to represent you is critical if you have been convicted on RICO and conspiracy charges and seek to appeal your conviction or sentence.
Here are just a few reasons why you should our team for your RICO and conspiracy appeal:
- Experience — Our attorneys have years of experience in federal criminal law and have successfully represented numerous clients in RICO and conspiracy appeals. We have the knowledge and expertise to develop a comprehensive legal strategy tailored to your unique circumstances and goals.
- Dedication — We provide exceptional legal representation to each of our clients. We understand the impact that a RICO or conspiracy conviction can have on your life, and we will work tirelessly to protect your rights and interests.
- Personalized attention — We will work closely with you to understand your needs and concerns and keep you informed at every step of the appeals process.
- Proven track record — Our law firm has a proven track record of success in federal criminal appeals, including RICO and conspiracy appeals. We have achieved favorable outcomes for numerous clients and are committed to achieving the best possible outcome.
If you need a federal appeals attorney for a RICO and conspiracy case, contact Elizabeth Franklin-Best today to learn more about how we can help you achieve the best possible outcome in your appeal.
Contact Our Federal Appellate Attorneys Today
If you have been convicted of RICO and conspiracy charges and seek to appeal your conviction or sentence, our federal appellate attorneys are here to help.
We have the knowledge, experience, and dedication to provide exceptional legal representation and guide you through the appeals process.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys. We will review your case in detail, answer any questions you may have, and provide an honest assessment of your appeal.
FAQ: RICO and Conspiracy Appeals
Can I appeal a RICO or conspiracy conviction?
You might have the right to apply to appeal your RICO or conspiracy conviction, depending on your case details. Contact an experienced federal appellate lawyer who can review your case to identify any potential grounds for appeal.
How can a federal appellate lawyer help with my RICO or conspiracy appeal?
A federal appellate lawyer can review your case in detail to identify potential grounds for appeal and develop a comprehensive legal strategy tailored to your unique circumstances and goals. They will represent you vigorously throughout the appeals process, using their knowledge and experience to present persuasive legal arguments to the appellate court.
What is the appeals process for RICO and conspiracy convictions?
The appeals process for RICO and conspiracy convictions involves filing a notice of appeal with the appellate court and submitting a brief outlining the grounds for appeal. The prosecution will also submit a brief in response. The appellate court will review the trial record and hear both sides’ oral arguments before deciding.